About the Journal
The “Pure Sciences International Journal of Kerbala”, published quarterly and distributed internationally by the College of Education for Pure Sciences provides a forum for publication of significant science advancements and developments in chemistry, biology, computer, physics, mathematics and interdisciplinary areas of science. All prospective authors are invited to submit their original contributions on new theoretical and applied aspects of growing research. All manuscripts submitted, including symposium papers, will be peer reviewed by qualified scholars assigned by the editorial board.
You are cordially encouraged to use this journal as a means of dissemination of information on the various facets of science and technical problems; and to impart specialized knowledge, quality and excellence to strengthen the perception of technological resources and needs of the world. The PSIJK is looking forward to receiving your assistance to working together to develop a worthwhile, high quality journal.
Aims and Scope
The objective of the Pure Sciences International Journal of Kerbala is to provide a forum for communication of information among the world's scientific and technological community and Iraqi scientists. This journal intends to be of interest and utility to researchers and practitioners in the academic, industrial and governmental sectors. All original research contributions of significant value in all areas of science discipline are welcome.
This journal will publish authoritative papers on theoretical and experimental research and advanced applications embodying the results of extensive field, plant, laboratory or theoretical investigation or new interpretations of existing problems. It may also feature - when appropriate - research notes, technical notes, state-of-the-art survey type papers, short communications, letters to the editor, meeting schedules and conference announcements. The language of publication is English. Each paper should contain an abstract both in English and Arabic. However, for the authors who are not familiar with Arabic language, the publisher will prepare the translations. The abstracts should not exceed 250 words.
All manuscripts will be initially checked for plagiarism and then peer-reviewed by qualified reviewers. The material should be presented clearly and concisely:
- Full papers Authors are urged to be succinct; long papers with many tables and figures may require reductions prior to being processed or accepted for publication. Although there is not an absolute length restriction for original papers, authors are encouraged to limit the text to =5,000 words (including references) and references up to 40.
- Review papers are only considered from highly qualified well-known authors generally assigned by the editorial board or editor-in-chief. Author of review papers should have high qualifications with distinct developed research area, an outstanding scholar with an extensive publications.
- Short communications and letters to the editor should contain a text of about 3000 words and whatever figures and tables that may be required to support the text. They include discussion of full papers and short items and should contribute to the original article by providing confirmation or additional interpretation. Discussion of papers will be referred to author(s) for reply and will concurrently be published with reply of author(s).
Instructions for Authors
Submission of a manuscript represents that it has neither been published nor submitted for publication elsewhere and is result of research carried out by author(s). Presentation in a conference and appearance in a symposium proceeding is not considered prior publication.
Authors are required to include a list describing all the symbols and abbreviations in the paper. Use of the international system of measurement units is mandatory.
- On-line submission of manuscripts results in faster publication process and is recommended. Instructions are given in the PSIJK web sites https://journals.uokerbala.edu.iq/
- Hardcopy submissions must include MS Word and jpg files.
- Manuscripts should be typewritten on one side of A4 paper, double-spaced, with adequate margins.
- References should be numbered in brackets and appear in sequence through the text. List of references should be given at the end of the paper.
- Figure captions are to be indicated under the illustrations. They should sufficiently explain the figures.
- Illustrations should appear in their appropriate places in the text.
- Tables and diagrams should be submitted in a form suitable for reproduction.
- Photographs should be of high quality saved as jpg files.
- Tables, Illustrations, Figures and Diagrams will be normally printed in single column width (8cm). Exceptionally large ones may be printed across two columns (17cm).
Availability of accepted article
This journal makes articles available online as soon as possible after acceptance. This concerns the accepted article (both in HTML and PDF format), which has not yet been copyedited, typeset or proofread. A Digital Object Identifier (DOI) is allocated, thereby making it fully citable and searchable by title, author name(s) and the full text. The article's PDF also carries a disclaimer stating that it is an unedited article. Subsequent production stages will simply replace this version.
The Pure Sciences International Journal of Kerbala is an open access journal: all articles will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. To provide open access, this journal has an open access fee of USD 100 excluding taxes (also known as an article publishing charge APC) which needs to be paid by the authors or on their behalf e.g. by their research funder or institution. If accepted for publication in the Journal following peer review, authors will be notified of this decision and at the same time requested to pay the article processing charge. A CC user license manages the reuse of the article.
- Author(s)’ bio-data including affiliation(s) and mail and e-mail address(es).
- Manuscript including abstracts, key words, illustrations, tables, figures with figure captions and list of references.
- MS Word file of the paper.
The following list will be useful during the final checking of an article prior to sending it to the journal for review. Please consult this Guide for Authors for further details of any item.
Ensure that the following items are present:
One author has been designated as the corresponding author with contact details:
E-mail address Phone number(s) Fax number All necessary files have been uploaded, and include: Keywords All figure captions All tables (including title, description, footnotes) Further considerations Manuscript has been 'spell-checked' and 'grammar-checked' References are in the correct format for this journal All references mentioned in the Reference list are cited in the text, and vice versa Permission has been obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources (including the Web) Color figures are clearly marked as being intended for color reproduction on the Web (free of charge) and in print, or to be reproduced in color on the Web (free of charge) and in black-and-white in print If only color on the Web is required, black-and-white versions of the figures are also supplied for printing purposes For any further information please visit our site at https://journals.uokerbala.edu.iq/
- Author responsibility
The authors are exclusively responsible for the contents of their submissions, the validity of the experimental results and must make sure that they have permission from all involved parties to make the data public.
It is the responsibility of each author to ensure that papers submitted to PSIJK are written with ethical standards in mind, concerning plagiarism.
Please note that all submissions are thoroughly checked for plagiarism. If an attempt at plagiarism is found in a published paper, the authors will be asked to issue a written apology to the authors of the original material. Any paper which shows obvious signs of plagiarism will be automatically rejected and its authors will be banned for duration of three years from publishing in PSIJK. The authors will receive proper notification if such a situation arises.
Information on what constitutes plagiarism is provided below.
Plagiarism: Definition and Context
Plagiarism, where someone assumes another's ideas, words, or other creative expression as one's own, is a clear violation of scientific ethics. Plagiarism may also involve a violation of copyright law, punishable by legal action.
Plagiarism may constitute the following:
Word for word, or almost word for word copying, or purposely paraphrasing portions of another author's work without clearly indicating the source or marking the copied fragment (for example, using quotation marks);
Copying equations, figures or tables from someone else's paper without properly citing the source and/or without permission from the original author or the copyright holder.
Self-plagiarism, as a related issue, is the word for word or almost word for word reproduction of portions of one's own copyrighted work without proper citation of the original material. Self-plagiarism does not apply to publications based on the author's own previously copyrighted work (for example from conference proceedings) where proper reference was given for the original text.
International Journal of Engineering editorial board will place any plagiarism-related investigation at high priority and will take appropriate action as needed.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
All authors are requested to disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest such as any financial, personal or other relationships with other people or organizations concerning the submitted work that could inappropriately influence, or be perceived to influence, their work.
COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSIONS
By submitting a manuscript to the editor or publisher you are deemed to have granted permission to publish the manuscript.
Proofs will be sent via e-mail as an Acrobat PDF (Portable Document Format) file. Acrobat Reader will be required in order to read the PDF. This software can be downloaded from the following website: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
This will enable the file to be opened, read on screen and printed out in order for any corrections to be added. To avoid delay in publication, corrected proofs should be faxed to the publisher within 48 hours of receipt.