Scopes and Aims
Journal of Kerbala for Agricultural Sciences (JOKFAS)is an official Journal of the College of Agriculture/University of Kerbala in Iraq established since 2013. (JOKFAS) is a scientific peer-reviewed open access journal quarterly publishing high-quality research and review papers at the forefront of research describing significant developments in all Agricultural fields. JOKFAS publishes in all aspects dealing with Plant Breeding, Agricultural Economics, Hort. Sciences, Veterinary, Field Crops, Animal Husbandry, Soil Sciences, Poultry Sciences, Water Resources, Plant Entomology, Food Technology, Plant Pathology, and Biology.
The aim of JOKFAS is to further publish the scientific objective of knowledge, learning, innovation, and research worldwide. Since 2017,JOKFAS started to publish articles only in the English language.Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The Journal accepts original un published papers in different agricultural fields.
- The submission file is in Open Office, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Articles should be examined by academic referees, Author must correction and comments made by the referees for acceptance.
- The papers can be written and published in English and the author (s) must submit the manuscript by the Journal website, after registering and obtaining a username and password.
- Use Simplified Arabic line for Arabic language and Time New Roman line for English language are used , both of them should be with font size 14 for the text, 16 for the title with a single space between lines.
- Papers should include Arabic &English abstracts and shouldn't be more than 250 words.
- Papers arrangement is as follows: Abstract in Arabic , Abstract in English language, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and discussion, conclusions acknowledgement (if found) and the English References .
- References should be listed according APA style .
- Tables &Figures should be clear and contain subtitles describing their contents .
- Manuscript title should include the author′s addresses, their scientific titles, physical e-mail address and keywords.
- Manuscript must not be more than 21 pages with 2 cm left on each side of the paper.
- The paper manuscript must be checked for plagiarism that should not exceed 20% .
All submitted manuscripts are checked for plagiarism by Turnitin system (online plagiarism detection software) and must pass any issue occurs regarding plagiarism and similarities. Authors should ensure the originality of their contents. Thus, manuscripts must be of scientific value and must not have been published elsewhere.
COPE flow charts (below links) shall also be considered while dealing with plagiarism complaints.
Manuscripts should be typed double-spaced. A font size of 12 points (Times New Roman) text is preferred. Manuscripts should be written a clear language. Page numbers should be located on the bottom-center of every page of the manuscript. The title should be centered at the top of page 1 of the manuscript. Capitalize the first letter of all words. The title should be followed by the author(s) name(s), affiliation(s), and address(es) and e-mail.
Structure of manuscripts
A detailed guide to authors is given below. The manuscripts submitted should be in accordance with these guidelines.
It should be brief and relevant. It must contain the essentials of the report that reflect the contents accurately (No author’s names or address).
Author names and affiliations
First Name, Second Name, and Last Name shoud be written in FULL.
Department, College, University, and Country.
The abstract should be clear and include an objective description of the contents and the major significant findings of the article. It should be concise containing the objectives, methodology, main results and conclusions. It should not exceed 250 words.
At the end of the abstract, Appropriate key words must be provided.
A clear description of relevant literature should be included here. It should be concise, to the point, and must explain clearly the objectives of the study by giving essential background in content to relevant literature.
Materials and Methods
must explicitly describe the materials used, the analytical techniques followed and procedures employed for the data analysis. When using standard method, provide complete reference. In case a modified method has been applied, then the modification must be elaborated. The year and place of study, laboratory (s) must be indicated. Experimental design (if applicable) and statistical techniques employed for data analysis must be mentioned clearly
Results and Discussion
Extensive discussion of proposal work and discussion of results shown here. It could either be combined or treated separately. The results should be concisely presented using tables and figures. The same data may not be used in both. Appropriate statistical data should be given. Discussion must be developed logically in a proper sequence and should cover the implications and consequences not merely recapitulating the results.
The conclusions are important.
If any, should precede references.Conflict of Interest
A conflict of interest exists when judgment regarding the research is influenced by factors such as financial gain or personal relationships. All authors are required to disclose any financial, personal or other associations that may influence or be perceived to influence, their work.
The corresponding author hereby confirms that ethics were considered for this research and that the article is original, and its contents are unpublished. The co-author has read and approved the manuscript for submission.
Citations should be referenced in the text as (APA style). Citations are numbered in the order in which they appear in the text.
The references should be (APA style).
Examples of reference listing format:
- Abbas, M., & Cheema, K. J. (2015). Arsenic levels in drinking water and associated health risk in District Sheikhupura, Pakistan. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 25(3), 719-724.
- Hussein, M. H., Nawaf, H. N., & Bhaya, W. S. (2017, March). Exploiting the shared neighborhood to improve the quality of social community detection. In New Trends in Information & Communications Technology Applications (NTICT), 2017 Annual Conference on(pp. 52-56). IEEE.
- Nadeem, M., Haseeb, M., & Aziz Awan, J. (2012). DEVELOPMENT AND PHYSICO-CHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF APRICOT-DATE BARS. Journal of Agricultural Research (03681157), 50(3).
Should be organized similar to the text, so that the table can be read without turning the page sideways (if possible). Large tables should be avoided. Each table should have a brief and self-explanatory title. Column headings should include the International Standard abbreviations(s) of their respective units of measurement included between parentheses.
One set of galley proofs will be sent to the corresponding author for typographical checking only. It should be returned within three days of receipt. Further changes will not be possible.
Authors will receive a complimentary copy of printed journal upon request.