The Journal of Kerbala for Agricultural Sciences requires all authors to adhere to the ethical standards as prescribed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). JKAS holds the ethics of publication as of its core values and as such, adheres strictly to internationally accepted publication ethics. To ensure compliance, The JKAS employs the double-blinded peer-review process for all articles. The rationale for double-blinded peer review process is to validate the integrity and novelty of the research work. Peer review process adopted by the Journal acts as filter and increases the quality of research submitted for publication. This process also helps the authors to remove any errors or a gap in manuscript mistakenly overlooked and assists in making the research more applicable in real time.
Journal of Kerbala for Agricultural Sciences (JOKFAS) adopts the COPE guidelines on publication ethics.
All authors must confirm the following; that:
- Submitted manuscripts are the original work of the author(s);
- Only unpublished manuscript/data should be submitted;
- It is unethical to submit a manuscript to more than one journal concurrently;
- A certificate to the effect that "the manuscript (give title) is based on original research and the data presented have neither been published in whole/in part nor under consideration for publication in any other journal/periodical. All the authors/co-authors are well conversant with the contents and agreed to the sequence of authorship" must accompany the manuscript;
- Any conflict of interest must be clearly stated;
- The sources of data used in the development of the manuscript is acknowledged;
- All errors discovered in the manuscript after submission must be swiftly communicated to the Editor.
Reviewers are expected to evaluate a manuscript for critical analysis, comparative analysis and most importantly for integrity and novelty of the research work.
Therefore, reviewers must confirm the following; that:
- All manuscripts are reviewed in fairness based on the intellectual content of the article regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of author(s);
- Any observed conflict of interest during the review process must be communicated to the Editor;
- All information pertaining to the manuscript is kept confidential;
- Any information that may be the reason for the rejection of publication of a manuscript must be communicated to the Editor.
Editors must confirm the following; that:
- All manuscripts are evaluated in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of authors;
- Information pertaining to manuscripts are kept confidential;
- Any observed conflict of interest pertaining to manuscripts must be disclosed;