Effect of adding pomegranate (Punica granatum) and moringa (Moringa oleifera) in productive performance, relative growth rate, water consumption and production index of broiler chickens

Authors

  • H. Q. Baqer Department of Animal Production, Agriculture College, University of Kerbala, Karbala, Iraq
  • B.M. Ibrahim Department of Animal Production, College of Agricultural engineering Sciences, University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq

Keywords:

Pomegranate peels, moringa leaves, production performance.

Abstract

The aim of this study was to find out effect of adding of pomegranate and moringa and their combination in drinking water in the performance productive relative growth rate, water consumption and evidence productive for broiler used in this experiment. 180 broiler chicks asexual at one day old of the breedRoss308 and a starting weight 41grumble/chick, and distributed bird distribution randomly on seven transactions. Each transaction contained30bird with three replications each repeat contained 10 birds. The experimental parameters include the following: the first transactionT1 control treatment without any addition, second treatment T2 addition of aqueous extract to Pomegranate peels at a concentration of 50 ml / liter of water, the third treatmentT3 Addition of aqueous extract of moringa leaf powder at a concentration of 75 ml / liter of water, Fourth treatmentT4 add 75% aqueous extract of pomegranate peel powder Ml/liter with aqueous extract for powder Moringa leaves 25% ml/liter, Fifth treatmentT5 Adding the aqueous extract of pomegranate peel powder at a concentration of 50% at a concentration (25 ml/L) with the aqueous extract of dried moringa leaf powder at a concentration of 50% at a concentration/L., Sixth treatmentT6 add 25% aqueous extract of pomegranate peel powder With 75% aqueous extract of Moringa leaf powder. I showed results get moral improvement In production performance, relative growth rate, water consumption, and productivity index for all Addition coefficients compared to the control coefficient. Transactions are recordedT2T5The best results in all the studied traits.

Downloads

Published

2022-09-12